Our Mission and Vision Statement of Intent
At Waiharara School we aim to create and encourage a rich learning environment, and provide the best possible programmes for each individual pupil.
Learning together for a better future, Whakakotahitanga e te putahitanga o te matauranga.
- Confident, capable, connected, lifelong learners actively participating in their own success.
- To provide our children with strategies to help them cope with daily life in our modern society.
- To provide opportunities for our children to enhance their self-esteem, pride and confidence.
- To encourage sound learning habits through the best programme for each individual.
- To prepare students for secondary school.
- To encourage and foster community support.
- To encourage students to acknowledge and understand the value of work and recreation and their relationship to the land, the sea and the people of this community.
- We are committed to student achievement and success as Māori.
- We promote wellbeing by enacting our vision, values, goals and priorities in our curriculum and associated learning and teaching practices.
- We align learning goals with resources, programme plans, learning tasks and assessment.
We value a learning environment that is safe, up to date, innovative and responsive to our students changing needs.
We implement a Treaty curriculum framework that ensures we effectively engage all learners in the bi-cultural context of teaching and learning in Aotearoa NZ.
We believe in harnessing the rich cultural capital which our learners bring to the classroom by providing culturally responsive and engaging contexts for learning.
We activate educationally powerful connections with whānau, hapū and iwi.
- We provide a positive work environment that promotes professional relationships, communication and nurtures a collective responsibility to the highest quality teaching and learning.